Sunday, April 29, 2007

A1 Grand prix ... I am a Rev Head

I went to the A1 grandprix this weekend and it was brilliant. I have loads of dodgy photos for you, with more to come as my friends send over their snaps as well. The Grand Prix was held at Brands Hatch in Kent, which meant that I had to head down the night before to Chris's place so that we could drive their next morning in his very fabulous black Porche 911 (Edwina he is a friend nothing more). Frankly if the weekend ended there I would have been happy - fast car driving in the country - brilliant. But there were more fast cars to come.

Sadly Australia crashed out on the first corner taking South Africa with them ... it was the Chechs fault! Anyway the Germans went on to win with Great Britain coming second there were 4 seconds in it (have a photo with me and the driver)



Pit lane and GB team



Kerry and Chris find Team Aus ... note the writing on the side of the car

Italy ensured their card was appropriately styled for my photo shoot (including the driver see below)

hmm new fashion statement

Germany the eventual winners

team gb again

me being a prat

Mexico for Rueben


The track is empty because the cars were too fast !


The start

me and the second place getter ... note the hat oh yes me being a prat again

Chris my driver for the day but this time the two of us are being prats!

1 comment:

Little Snoring said...

Very nice! I especially like the one with track - empty! Nothing like a little testosterone and burning rubber to make you smile.

When I was pregnant with Sacha I had a crush on the guys in the valet parking lot (where I parked for work)... I put it down to the excess levels of cars and testosterone... it might have also been the enclosed nature of the lot - anyway my point is - I understand why you had so much fun!